NewsUS4 hours ago

Is Donald Trump going to make an announcement on what the US knows about UFOs?

metro.co.uk

Tuesday, February 17, 2026

4 min read
Share:

Rumours have been swirling about a potential announcement (Picture: AP) Donald Trump could make an official announcement about the reality of UFOs and alien technology. At least, that’s what the rumours are saying. The US has been gathering classified files around UFOs – or what a...

President Donald Trump speaks to soldiers and their families at Fort Bragg, N.C., Friday, Feb. 13, 2026. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
Rumours have been swirling about a potential announcement (Picture: AP)

Donald Trump could make an official announcement about the reality of UFOs and alien technology.

At least, that’s what the rumours are saying. The US has been gathering classified files around UFOs – or what are now known as Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena.

President Barack Obama’s comments this weekend, which seemingly confirmed the existence of extraterrestrials, may have been a way to ‘acclimatise’ the public to this reality, an expert told Metro.

Though a 2024 report by the Pentagon found no evidence of an alien cover-up, the belief that the government is hiding aliens persists.

Earlier this month, it was reported that Trump permitted the release of all information linked to secret UFO facilities and research in the US.

US Congressman Eric Burlison said: ‘The White House has told the DoD to make it happen. The extent to which they’ve been involved is literally just saying to the Department of Defence, we’re backing his request. Do what you can to make it happen.’

There’s no clarification on whether an announcement is planned – but sources have said Trump might give a statement before the World Cup begins.

What has the US already said about UFOs?

Up Next

In 2023 and 2024, former armed forces veterans testified in front of Congress about odd ‘alien’ phenomena they saw while on duty.

Dr Tim Gallaudet told a Congressional committee that he was on a Navy exercise off the country’s East Coast when he received an email on a secure internal network headed ‘URGENT SAFETY OF FLIGHT ISSUE’.

He described how the ‘brief but alarming’ message referred to ‘multiple near mid-air collisions’ with the mystery object and contained an attachment of what is now known as the ‘go fast’ video captured on the forward-looking infrared sensor of an F/A-18 jet.

Dr Galluadet, who is now CEO of Ocean STL Consulting, said that ‘the very next day’ in 2015, the email inexplicably disappeared from his account and those of the other recipients. 

One of the US’s top UFO experts also revealed that ‘secret groups’ have been collecting alien remains for more than 50 years.

FILES) this file video grab image obtained April 26, 2020 courtesy of the US Department of Defense shows part of an unclassified video taken by Navy pilots that have circulated for years showing interactions with "unidentified aerial phenomena". - The conclusion of a classified US intelligence report on the existence of alien UFOs is . . . inconclusive, US media reported June 4, 2021. US military and intelligence found no evidence that seemingly highly advanced unidentified flying objects sighted by military pilots were alien spacecraft, the report concludes, according to the New York Times and other media briefed on it. (Photo by Handout / DoD / AFP) / RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE - MANDATORY CREDIT "AFP PHOTO /US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE/HANDOUT " - NO MARKETING - NO ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS - DISTRIBUTED AS A SERVICE TO CLIENTS (Photo by HANDOUT/DoD/AFP via Getty Images)
Grabs of videos taken from Navy pilots were shown to the Senate (Picture: AFP)
April 21, 2023: Pentagon shows Senate mysterious flying orb spotted by Reaper drone over an active combat zone in the Middle East in UFO hearing: Says 650 unexplained objects are being tracked - but insists they've found NO evidence of extraterrestrial activity The Pentagon released a newly declassified video of a UFO soaring above the Middle East last year during a Senate hearing on Wednesday. The footage captured by a US military drone shows a mysterious spherical object zooming across the sky above an active military zone. Officials don?t know what the fast-moving orb is, Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick, the director of the Pentagon?s new All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), revealed as he played the video during a Senate Committee on Armed Services hearing.
Mysterious objects were spotted over an active combat zone in the Middle East (Picture: AFP)

Luis Elizondo, the former AATIP (Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program) program manager, shared the terrifying details in his book, ‘Imminent: Inside the Pentagon’s Hunt for UFOs’.

In his book, he revealed that a ‘super-secret umbrella group’, including government officials and defence contractors, has been retrieving alien remains and technology for 50 years.

He wrote: ‘We spoke of “purple novas” — projects and programs so secret that not even the secretary of defence or the president would ever know of them.’

Elizondo says government intelligence has pointed to the Roswell, New Mexico incident in 1947 having been two saucers ‘colliding’ – and that was just one instance of non-human bodies being recovered.

He said: ‘Four deceased non-human bodies were in fact recovered from the 1947 Roswell crash.’

Other incidents he mentions of ‘non-human’ recovery missions include December 1950 in Ciudad Acuña, Mexico; and four different occassions in 1989 in Kazakhstan (then, the Soviet Union).

Up Next

Politicians have spoken out about the secrecy surrounding UFOs and alien ‘research’ on the governmental level.

Republican Tim Burchett, representative for Tennessee’s second district, told the Washington Examiner he thinks the government has been ‘holding stuff back since Roswell in ‘47, and maybe prior to that’.

Retired Navy pilot Ryan Graves said that UFOs are an ‘open secret’ among fighter pilots, and shared a third-party account of jets having to avoid a ‘dark grey cube inside of a clear sphere’ which stood ‘motionless against the wind’.

Former Navy commander David Fravor shared his memory of the famous ‘Tic Tac’ UFO, a small, white object that buzzed past military aircraft, before apparently being picked up by radar 60 miles away seconds later. 

Growing interest in UAP has not been limited to the US.

Mexico held its own congressional hearing into the issue. However, it was derailed when ufologist and journalist Jaime Maussan revealed what he claimed were the bodies of two ‘non-human beings’, said to have been found in a Peruvian algae mine.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Read the full article

Continue reading on metro.co.uk

Read Original

More from metro.co.uk